Schwab Personalized Indexing™
Your clients can now have a professionally managed strategy that is tax optimized and can be customized as a core component of their portfolio.
We’re going beyond index investing
Schwab Personalized Indexing can serve as a tax-efficient foundation for your client's portfolio. With the ability to automatically manage gains and losses at the individual holding level, this direct indexing strategy provides tax-loss harvesting and potentially greater annual after-tax returns.
An index-based portfolio your clients can personalize
Schwab Personalized Indexing is designed to be a core component of your client’s investments. It gives them an equity portfolio that can be shaped to be consistent with their goals and personal values.
- Tax-loss harvesting seeks to minimize tax liabilities.
- There is the potential to outperform the index on an after-tax basis, thanks to tax-loss harvesting.
- Choose from four index-based strategies for the market exposure your client prefers, with the ability to exclude individual stock and/or industry categories.1
- Portfolio managers leverage advanced technology to optimize your client’s portfolio and monitor it on a daily basis.
1 The extent to which holdings can be personalized is subject to account type and investment management guidance. All accounts may exclude up to three securities
We offer four Schwab Personalized Indexing strategies to choose from:
Schwab 1000 Equity
Designed to capture representation of the 1,000 largest U.S. companies, covering approximately 90% of total U.S. stock market capitalization.
S&P Small Cap 600®
Designed to capture representation of the small cap segment of the U.S. equity market.
MSCI KLD 400 Social
Designed to capture exposure to companies with outstanding ESG ratings and excludes companies whose products have negative social or environmental impacts.
MSCI EAFE International
Designed to capture large- and mid-cap representation of developed markets* around the world, excluding the U.S. and Canada. It is composed of equities across countries in Europe, Australasia, and the Far East.
* While this strategy looks to approximate the pre-tax return and risk characteristics of the MSCI EAFE Index, it will not invest directly in the local securities tracked by the index and will instead invest in American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) that are traded on U.S. Exchanges which may not align to the index exposure of every country at all times.
Schwab Personalized Indexing can serve as a tax-efficient foundation for your client’s portfolio. With the ability to automatically manage gains and losses at the individual holding level, each direct indexing strategy provides tax-loss harvesting and potentially greater annual after-tax returns
(or Tooltip ).
Ready to talk?
Find your regional representative who can answer any questions you have about Schwab Personalized Indexing and the SMAs we offer.