Introducing Schwab Personalized Indexing™
Your clients can now have a professionally managed strategy that can be tax efficient and customized as a core component of their portfolio.
We’re going beyond index investing
Schwab Personalized Indexing takes index investing a step further. It's a separately managed account that offers a personalized direct indexing strategy that can be a core component of your client's portfolio. This strategy provides transparency and tax-loss harvesting aligned to your clients objectives.
An index-based portfolio your clients can personalize
Schwab Personalized Indexing is designed to be a core component of your client’s investments. It gives them an equity portfolio that can be shaped to be consistent with their goals and personal values.
- You and your client select an index for the core exposure they want, including environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG).
- Your client can also exclude a limited number of stocks to further reflect their preferences.
- Tax-loss harvesting seeks to minimize tax liabilities.
- There is the potential to outperform the index on an after-tax basis, thanks to tax-loss harvesting.
- Portfolio managers leverage proprietary technology to optimize your client’s portfolio and monitor it on a daily basis.
We offer four Schwab Personalized Indexing strategies to choose from:
Schwab 1000 Equity
Designed to capture representation of the 1,000 largest U.S. companies, covering approximately 90% of total U.S. stock market capitalization.
S&P Small Cap 600®
Designed to capture representation of the small cap segment of the U.S. equity market.
MSCI KLD 400 Social
Designed to capture exposure to companies with outstanding ESG ratings and excludes companies whose performance has had negative social or environmental impacts.
MSCI EAFE International
Designed to capture large- and mid-cap representation of developed markets* around the world, excluding the U.S. and Canada. It is composed of equities across countries in Europe, Australasia, and the Far East.
Schwab Personalized Indexing can serve as a tax-efficient foundation for your client’s portfolio. With the ability to automatically manage gains and losses at the individual holding level, this direct indexing strategy provides tax-loss harvesting and potentially greater annual after-tax returns
(or Tooltip ).
Ready to talk?
Find your regional representative who can answer any questions you have about Schwab Personalized Indexing and the SMAs we offer.